Thursday 26 November 2015

The foodie road blocks

Being the foodie that I am, learning about the food restrictions that come with undergoing chemotherapy was pretty hard to hear.
For the next 2 years I have to avoid all my favourite foods:
Tartars
Sushi
Oysters
Raw egg (includes home made mayo and hollandaise sauce.... There goes my favourite brunch items)
Any meat cooked under well-done
Charcuterie
Soft cheeses (brie, camembert..)  
Basically, the only thing I can have raw are vegetables.

All this seriously broke my heart.

Added to all this is the oh-so-wonderful nausea, unbearable stomach acid and the occasional ulcers that make it uncomfortable to eat anything at all!
You also can't forget the very heavy fatigue caused by the treatments and medication that stops you from cooking up that healthy fresh meal that follows all the rules.

My blog, for the majority, will be about how I deal with all this, what I eat when I don't feel well, low energy easy recipes, restaurants I go to when I'm feeling good and maybe a few rants or anecdotes from time to time.
Here's hoping this little blog will find it's place in the over saturated world of the internet!

2 comments:

  1. Hier, j'ai lu ton post d'hier mais aujourd'hui, je prend le temps de regarder le tout! Et j'aime! Bravo et gros bisous!

    ReplyDelete