Sunday 20 December 2015

Planning around the chemo

Every three weeks I get a heavy dose of chemo. So, I have to try to plan my life around that. Knowing that 2 out of 3 weeks on my life will be unpleasant (to say the least) for the next 20 months... I have to try to get used to it. 
My actual birthday is December 25th, I usually celebrate on the 26th or 27th. But unfortunately I have chemo on the 21st, so I celebrated my birthday on the 19th. My brother and his wife thankfully hosted this small event. And my good friend made the deserts. I was too distracted to take pictures, but I couldn't resist taking a picture of my oreo cake! 

The unfortunate thing is that on Christmas, when my family will be in from Ohio and my parents house will be full of wonderful people, I won't be able to enjoy myself as I usually do. There will be an infinit amout of my favorit foods and I most likely won't have much of an appetite. 
The past few week have been pretty rough because I was neutropenic, so I may a tad pessimistic about the whole thing. Time will tell! 

No comments:

Post a Comment