Tuesday 19 January 2016

Half way through the hardest part

The next few days marks one midway point in in my treatment. Not THE midway point, unfortunately. 

For those of you who are unfamiliar: there are 4 phases to my treatment (leukemia is a stubborn and very annoying cancer) 
Phase one was the month and a half I spent at the hotpital. 
Phase 2 was 3 weeks of very uncomfortable spiral taps. 
Phase 3 is the 6 month part called the "intensification phase" and let me tell you; intensification is an understatement. This is the phase I'm half way done. 
Phase 4 is the longest (18 months) but I've been told it gets easier during this phase. But let's not get to excited, I still will have to undergo chemo therapy every week but in smaller doses. Also my hair should start growing back, which should help with the mental image of my self always looking sick. 
Hopefully I will be able to go back to work part time. Feel like I'm moving forward in my life instead of glueing my face to Netflix. 
This post may not be light harded and food oriented, but it's an update. I guess it's good to point out these small milestones that help me remember I'm moving forward. 

P.s. This is a painting of me that my dear sister in law gave me for Christmas/my birthday. Little reminder that I will go back to that brightness one day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment