Sunday 31 January 2016

Here Comes the Sun gala

Last night I had the pleasure of attending the gala organized by a friend I made when I got diagnosed. Jen is quite the inspiration to me and many others. She had been batteling leukaemia for 6 long years and she is now officially cancer free after her stem cell transplant. 

At this event benefiting the LLSC organized my her and her family, an impressive 21000$ was raised! 


I have to admit I got emotional when they called to the front all the nurses that were there for her along with her doctor. I was just so overwhelmed. To think that my two years seem like forever and she has been fighting from 14 to 20 and it's finally over! And with all that she founds the strength and motivation to raise money for the cause. Amazing! 

Other than the obvious wonderful feeling I got from being surrounded with people well aware of the cause and what many of us are going through, I had a wonderful time. It was nice to dress up for a change and be proudly bald! The event was wonderfully organized and if this becomes and annual thing I will most definitely be attending every year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment